Saturday, March 29, 2014

A Cottage Chic Sale at Karen's Cozy Cottage!

My Cozy Cottage in central Florida has a lovely little garage with a tin roof. 

 It was a messy place I hadn't had a chance to pay much attention to since my focus was on the house.  But then I had a vision it could be a special artist space and showcase area.

It began with discarding lots of old wood, broken tools etc left over from the previous owners years ago.  I had some electric work done in order to hang some chandeliers and the vision began to take form.....



It was a thrill to open the doors for a weekend sale!  I invited some other wonderful shabby chic vendors to join me and it was bliss!




































Cupcakes and lemonade were served all weekend long and the weather cooperated perfectly!!  































I am a blessed and lucky girl to have my friend Julie who grasped my vision from the start and worked so very hard with me...  I call her "The Power Tool Queen" and I learned so much about drills and staple guns etc!  No matter what I said, her response was "We'll make it work!"  And we DID!!



















I have decided to make this little nook a 
"Meet the Artist" venue where I will create, and also feature other artist's works.  I will open the doors occasionally for private appointments and host The Cottage Chic Sale twice a year!

It's a wonderful feeling to have a special vision and see it come to fruition...  sending you all love and light! xoxo

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Karen, what a fun event this was. I was so nice meeting you and all your friends.
Hope you will be having more events at the Cottage.
Sharon