Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Spring Project Fun!

I was invited to an Easter Artists Brunch and asked to do a fun little swap project!  It used one of these little peat pots and we were to create it into an Easter basket and fill it with little treasures!  
I started with what I thought would be the perfect covering.. a lace cuff from an old blouse.  I was thrilled with the results!.....

One of the parts I loved most about creating this was finding treasures small enough to fit inside

I hope it shall bring another artist  friend joy this Easter!

My friend Kim hosts beautiful artist events in the California area and this year she is hosting a Downton Affaire!
(www.artisticblissdesigns.com)  I wanted to sponsor the event with a special one of a kind gift so I created "Milady's Valise"...a vintage travel case I embellished in the style of the era!  This wont really be a suitcase one will travel with but more of a place to store treasures or art supplie
s.

I hand decoupaged the sides with pretty ladies...

This was the main image, a fabric block of a beautiful Downton style woman.  I hope she brings happiness to her new home!

I have also been creating sweet things for boutiques... there were 4 in the pair of these sweet cherub plaques.  I sold a set of 3 but really wanted to keep this one for the studio!

 I wish you all the joys of a blessed Springtime.  Savor each and every day!  xoxo

No comments: